PUMPKIN AND CHOCOLATE ITALIAN TART
Nearly 400 kcal for 1 portion
“You can stay fit eating pumpkin because it’s low in calories, it’s good for your eyes and purifies your body. It’s rich in fibre and diuretic!”
Short pastry (here the recipe: just add grated orange peel or orange flavouring)
Plain chocolate slivers: 100g
Boiled pumpkin pulp: 400g
Sugar: 1 spoon
How to do it
1) Prepare the short pastry following this recipe. Let it stand in the fridge for nearly 30 minutes.
2) Mix pumpkin pulp with ricotta, the egg, chocolate slivers and sugar.
3) Roll out 2/3 of the pastry and cover the bottom of a cake tin (26cm diameter). Fill with the pumpkin cream. Mould the remaining pastry into strips and use them to decorate. Bake for about 40 minutes, 180° C.
– If you don’t like pumpkin, try this tart with blueberries and ricotta or add raisins to the ricotta cream!
– Freeze the dough for 5-8 minutes to make perfect strips.
– If you don’t serve it immediately, wet the surface with egg whites and sugar before eating it. It will become really bright!