Onion soup italian recipe
SOUPE A L’OIGNON FOR FRENCH LOVERS
Ingredients for 6 portions
White onions: 600g
Sugar: 1 teaspoon
Tuscan bread or a big baguette
Salt and pepper
How to do it
1) Put chopped onions with melted butter in a large saucepan. Some minutes later add sugar. Let the onions get golden brown, then add the flour and blend well.
2) Add the beef-stock and cook for 45-50 minutes with the lid. Finally, salt it and let it dry a bit.
3) Toast bread slices in the oven. Put one slice in each soup plate and cover with grated gruyere.
4) (HAI SCRITTO DI NUOVO PUNTO 3) Ladle the onion soup and serve hot.
Enjoy your meal!
– You can also cook your soup dish au gratin. Put bread, soup and cheese in each oven-proof dish. Bake for some minutes, 200° C.
– For this recipe you can recycle stale bread too!
Here other italian recipes