ONION AND POTATOES DUMPLINGS CASUNZIEI
ONION AND POTATOES DUNPLINGS CASUNZIEI
WITH A BUTTER AND SMOKED RICOTTA SAUCE
Ingredients for 6 portions (OF ONION AND POTATOES DUMPLINGS):
For the egg pasta
A trickle of oil
Salt: 1 pinch
For the filling
Onions (big size): 2
Salt and pepper
For The sauce
Smoked ricotta and butter
How to do it:
1) Sieve the flour, add the semolina and make a well. Put yolks, salt and oil in the middle. Knead well, then let it stand in the fridge for 30 minutes, covered with a wet tea towel.
2) Prepare the filling: melt the butter in a frying-pan. Add onion dices.
3) Add boiled potatoes (smashed with a fork). Flavor with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Let it cool down.
4) Roll the dough out as thin as you can. Put mini-balls of filling, leaving 4-5 cm between them (see the picture).
5) Close the rolled dough leaving the filling in the middle. Press well.
6) Make half-moon shaped ravioli and seal the rims using a fork.
7) Boil the casunziei in salted water. When they surface, strain them and serve with smoked ricotta slivers and melted butter.
1) Smash the potatoes well to have a smooth filling.
2) You must use plenty of flour in every step.