PANETTONE MINI CAKES WITH ZABAGLIONE – how to recycle panettone
Green cooking: how to recycle leftovers from Christmas holidays.
Ingredients for 6 portions
Panettone (without candied fruit): 750g
Egg yolks: 4
How to do it to recycle panettone
For the zabaglione: beat egg yolks with sugar and add 7 spoons of Marsala. Cook in a bain-marie for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously. Take the pot off the ring when the cream starts puffing up. Pour it (still hot) on the mascarpone and mix well until it’s smooth.
Build the mini cakes
1) Slice the panettone vertically, then get 12 discs using a tea cup.
2) You should obtain 6 bands (5cm height, 15-20cm lenght) from the remaining panettone. Cover with clingfilm 6 fluted paper cases. Put a disc on the base and cover the rim with a band.
3) Fill with cool zabaglione and put another disc of panettone. Seal with the clingfilm sheet.
Keep it in the freezer for at least 4 hours before serving.
to recycle panettone :
– If you don’t serve this dessert to children, wet the panettone bands with Marsala.
– My guests were really surprised to see a single portion decorated with chocolate topping and to find a creamy heart! And now you know how recycle panettone
Would you like serve other italian traditional recipe? Click here
Like my recipe? follow CUOCHE SI DIVENTA on FB!